visitors to this page

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Gone Today/Hair Tomorrow & Mask Burning - 04/21/2012

Today was the start of a new "adventure" on  my part.  We went to Super One in Negaunee for groceries and I completely forgot a hat.  When I got out of the car, I asked Ashley what I forgot and she said, "A hat!".  So, we walked in together (she held my hand - I think it may have been for my "mommy support" from her).  The trip was uneventful and I didn't really give it much thought.  When we got home, Kurt told me how proud he was of me! 

I will have to try to get some pictures of my hair.  It's pretty funny because all of a sudden it has come out on the sides and most of the back of my head.  The top is a little fuzzy but not much growth.  (However, I do make up for hair growth on my cheeks and chin - UGH .... hoping that if I leave it alone, when I can get off these meds that will go away again as well!)

Tonight Ashley played in a basketball game and I decided not to wear my hat again.  I guess it's time to just be who I am and not worry about it.  My biggest fear/worry is that it will affect my kids.  I don't want them to feel funny about it all so when I got there, I went up to Ashley and asked her if she would rather I go and get my hat.  She said, "No!"  (If I had to guess, I think she's just as proud of me as her dad today!)

And, last....

When we got home, Kurt decided that he was going to start a fire to burn some of the brush we had from taking trees down last weekend.  My mom, dad, aunt and uncle were here as well so I said, "How about I burn the radiation mask?!"  (Someone had suggested to burn the mask as that is what some people did after having radiation and got their masks; they would have a mask burning party to get rid of the mask - after all, what do you really want it for?)  So, I got out the mask and we burned it in our fire pit!!  (Lots of pictures below...)

One last picture of the radiation mask used for full brain radiation in November/December 2011

I'm standing in front of the fire with the mask

A closer picture of me with the mask

Dropping the mask in the fire pit

Here it goes!

This picture symbolizes SO much - I love it!

Almost gone


The last of the mask before it was gone!  YIPPEE!!!

AND, it's gone!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment