visitors to this page

Thursday, September 1, 2011

News On EEG, Driving, Etc! - 09/01/2011

I contacted the nurse at my neurosurgeon's office again this morning since we've been waiting almost two weeks for results of the EEG that I had.  This morning the nurse told me that the EEG had not been read yet but he would contact me as soon as he got the results.  I also asked if he could get clearance from the neurosurgeon for me to return to work as my oncologist gave me the 'okay' - I also mentioned that I have already discussed with my boss about going back for a week and then seeing how it goes ... basically going week to week depending on how I am doing.

The nurse returned a call to me this afternoon.  He told me that he had good and bad news.  He said my EEG came back great (no seizure activity), my neurosurgeon gave me the 'okay' to go back to work but the bad news was that they could not okay me to drive as the day I was in the ER, a doctor documented that I was having some seizure activity in my hands.  This means that by law they cannot give me approval to drive until 6 months of being seizure-free.... November 10th!  I could tell he felt bad as he knew how much I wanted to drive.  It is a bummer BUT I would much rather be safe than sorry!  (I think about the many times that I drove before my surgery that I wasn't feeling right and probably shouldn't have.)

I am also able to start weening myself off the anti-seizure medication - it should take about two weeks. 

Good news all in all ... and now I only have 10 weeks (EXACTLY) before I can drive.  (There is a bonus to this... it will give us time to find another vehicle eventually since we sold my Tahoe and I wouldn't have a vehicle to drive anyway!)

No comments:

Post a Comment