visitors to this page

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The End of One Journey - 09/27/2011

Today I had my 4th treatment of Ipi (Yervoy). I was surprised that after the fourth treatment, I am done.

I will have an MRI on my brain in 2 weeks (this will tell us how the 2-3 tumors are and if they reacted in any way to the treatment; of course, it will also tell us if there are any new tumors).

In 3-4 weeks, I will have another PET scan. This will show if the tumors in my hip and liver (as well as brain) have gotten smaller, bigger or the same size. It will also tell if there are other areas with new tumors. If the tumors are the same size or smaller, I will not have treatment; if they are bigger or there are new ones, I will start a different drug for treatment. The thing about Ipi is that even if you have a slight increase in tumor growth after the fourth treatment, 30-40% of people will have a decrease in tumor size a while after the fourth treatment is done. If I do not have treatment, I will have PET scans every 8 weeks for follow up.

I will meet with my oncologist again in 4 weeks.

I had received holy water from a retired teacher and friend who worked with my mom. It just happens that she got it from one of the nurses at the oncologist office who had cancer and is now in remission. This morning I used part of it. I will keep some more for my next few appointments.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment