visitors to this page

Monday, October 10, 2011

Darn Tumors - 10/10/2011

Today I had my follow up MRI regarding the tumors in my brain.  The last MRI was approximately 8 weeks ago.  After the MRI, we met with the neurosurgeon to discuss these results.  The two tumors that were there in August were still there and bigger; there are now two more new tumors.  The neurosurgeon will set up a time for him, my radiation oncologist and my oncologist to discuss my results during the tumor board in a few weeks.  It sounds like the neurosurgeon would think it best for me to go through full brain radiation as well as get on the new chemotherapy drug.

My PET scan is next week and I have an appointment to see my oncologist  the same day that the tumor board meetings the following week.  I should know exactly then what they have decided as well as what my PET scans showed with the tumors of the liver and hip as well as if there are any (hopefully not) new ones.

I thank everyone for the prayers and thoughts!  I still believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment