visitors to this page

Thursday, November 10, 2011

6 Months Since Diagnosis - 11/10/2011

First, I know it isn't early now but I am wondering why I woke up today and didn't go right back to sleep?  :)  Since I have been awake for a couple of hours, I thought I would enjoy the quiet of the house (kids and Kurt are still sleeping since it is a snow day today) and blog.

I seem to find the irony in many of the situations that I have been through this past few months.  In fact, May 10th started out much like this morning - the kids had a day off of school due to weather (I believe that was because of no power - not snow - but they were still home.)

In many ways it is hard to believe that 6 months ago today I went to the ER and was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma.   In one (or possibly a few) way(s), it feels like we've been through hell and back ... yet, I do count my MANY, MANY blessings at the same time.  I have been feeling relatively well throughout this past six months (and hope to continue to for a very long time).  I've been able to spend lots of time with Kurt, Nathan, Ashley, our families and friends.  I've been able to go back to work for several weeks throughout the last few months.  The harder times come when I have some setbacks like finding more brain tumors, going back on medications that make me feel not like myself, not being able to do 'normal' life things like work. 

Today is my 6 month mark for driving as well.  Don't worry - I don't plan to jump behind the wheel just yet!  :)  I don't know that I will drive any day soon but knowing that it is now an option, I at least have a little piece of mind that I am not "stuck" here. 

Part of this whole journey has also made me realize that I have not really thanked the people that are truly always there for me!  While I am sure people understand, it is not the easiest thing to go through.  I try my best to remain positive - hard to do sometimes - but I also realize that I take a lot of my negative attitudes out on those that I love the most.  I know that as hard as it is for me - it has to be twice as hard for them! 

I thank you all for walking this incredibly awful journey with me, staying by my side, lifting my spirits when they are down, the TONS of prayers/cards/letters/emails from everyone (even strangers), having belief in a miracle and loving me through it all!

2 comments:

  1. You touch people with your words and sharing...... you find the silver lining while going through this storm in your life. Thank you for sharing and allowing people to pray and lift you and your family up in thoughts and in deeds. You will never be alone and you will feel the power of love and prayer by doing what you are doing. You are teaching your children lessons that are so profound, they will be stronger and know the love of family, community and support... God bless you Jodi and I continue to pray for you and for healing and good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman Jodi and are an inspiration to many that share this disease or one similar to it. While no one can know exactly what you are feeling or going through, this blog brings the reality of it a little closer to us, and us a little closer to you. My prayers continue for you and our faith helps us to believe you will beat this. God Bless you Jodi for being you!

    ReplyDelete