visitors to this page

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Missing My Kids and Small Town Hospital Life - 11/1/2011

I'm typing this on my iPhone so sorry if there's lots of mistakes.

We left on Sunday and made it to Auburn Hills. Had a little time to shop, relax, etc before we left on Monday for Detroit. We got to Karmanos, met with the nurse practioner who informed me that indeed, the neurosurgeon's wife had given birth the night before. We spent about 3 1/2 hours in the hospital while they figured whether they could schedule the day(s) and then there was some insurance issues. We left thinking we would be back here at 6 am today for round one of radiation. Karmanos is a great place but it definitely made me miss ole MGH and the sort of simplicity there.

We were able to get out and enjoy GreekTown for awhile last night! We both were really missing the kids and trick or treating with them! They were well taken care of though and thats most important! I don't think either of us slept well last night - mine was anticipating as well as hearing city noises. I'm sure tonight I will get some sleep!

This morning I did get the halo on. They are currently mapping the radiation. This part of the process takes some time - it's got to be precise! They think they will have to do another round tomorrow since the tumors are in a few Places. (I'm hoping that by some act of God, they will be able to do it all today but if I need to do it again tomorrow, I will!).

Right now Kurt and I are in a waiting room just relaxing and trying to nap a bit; after all, the tv and computer don't work. Luckily, I am still able to get some phone reception.

I will post more once I know what's going on! Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and love!
Jodi

No comments:

Post a Comment