visitors to this page

Friday, June 15, 2012

Relaxing, Healing & Hoping to Be Back to "Normal" Soon - 6/15/2012

Well, it's been 9 days since I had the surgery at Mayo.  I was discharged on Friday, we stayed until Saturday.  We left Rochester expecting to stay 1/2 way somewhere but as we got closer and closer to home, there was less and less places to stay.  By this point, I just wanted to come home.  We did get out a couple of times to walk around.

Every day seems like my leg movement is alittle better although I am still using crutches so pretty much not being able to do much of anything.  I am able to be full weightbearing but I'm not actually really sure how long I should be using the crutches for.  My leg is alittle sore - it's really bruised up!  Apparently blood loss is not uncommon with this type of surgery so my hemoglobin was a bit low at my oncology appointment this past Monday.  We are holding off with chemo pills for a couple of weeks.  I will have my stitches out in @2 weeks.

Kurt and Ashley have been extremely helpful with everything.  It stinks to not be able to much of anything for yourself - I am ready to be mobile again!  But, I thank them for their continued help with everything!

My family and I planned to take part in the Relay for Life this weekend at Al Quaal in Ishpeming on Saturday-Sunday.  We will be there, although I will not be able to walk.  If you are there, please stop and see us!  (I will try to take some pictures...)

I continue to believe...

1 comment: