visitors to this page

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow - 1/2/2012

At discharge from radiation, they warned me that I might still lose my hair. Well, when I got in the shower on New Years Eve, my hair was coming out in clumps. I must admit that it caught me a little by surprise and made me a little more emotional than I thought I'd be. On New Years Day, I decided it was time to shave my head as hair was getting EVERYWHERE! So, last night I took the shaver in the bathroom and Ashley and I shaved most of the hair off. Then I went in the shower and took a razor to what Kurt and I could get.

Since it was getting everywhere and starting to bug me, it was nice to get it off!  I was a bit surprised by how my craniotomy scars look - not as bad as I expected I guess!  Today I hauled out my scarves and hats!  And, now that it is winter in the ole U.P., I will be going out to purchase some winter hats... something I have RARELY ever worn (except for the Western Snowplow hat that I wear when snowblowing or winter activities).  I even woke up this morning thinking that my head was really cold since we have our ceiling fan on all the time - might wear a hat to bed tonight!  :)

And the other thought that crossed my mind is that now if I start a chemo med, I'll never know if I'd lose my hair but that's okay!  I suppose since I still have eyebrows and eyelashes, I will know by that.  :)

Here's a picture I took after shaving in the shower:

Not the greatest of pics but shows you what I look like anyway! 
And, wow that is one big NOGGIN!  (Well, my face is bigger than my head - partly due to meds and partly due to fat!) 
Now I am wondering - are my ears, my nose or my glasses crooked?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment