visitors to this page

Friday, December 21, 2012

NO Tumor? - 12/21/12

I spoke with my neurosurgeon yesterday morning and he thought that what he took out was not a tumor so he sent it for specal staining. I got a phone call this afternoon from his nurse saying that he got a call from the neurosurgeon who wanted me to know before the holiday that it was not a tumor but necrosis from previous radiation. I need to talk to him as we aren't sure whet exactly that means but I know I feel SO much better! They also indicated the 2nd brain port surgery could be as soon as the day after Christmas - I opted to go with the following week so am currently scheduled to have my second surgery on the 2nd of January! They had a HARD time putting an IV in my left arm in the OR so I'm really bruised after four ultrasounds to get it - I'd like to heal a bit if they have as much trouble! I'll update as I learn more about the necrosis and my brain port surgery! Happy Holidays! I plan to enjoy it with my family. And... for those who haven't heard, Kurt and I got our Christmas present early (well we found out about it); we got plane tickets to Las Vegas at the beginning of February to hopefully see George Strait/Martin McBride along with my parents ... a dream come true in my eyes. This would be one of my bucket list items ;) I've always LOVED George Strait.., and this is his farewell tour! And the added bonus is Martina McBride!

No comments:

Post a Comment