visitors to this page

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Shaved Head :) - 12/18/12

I thought I would quickly blog to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers as I embark on my 4th craniotomy surgery tomorrow!  We will be at the hospital at 6:15 a.m.  My children have decided that they would like to come with on this day so they will be out of school.  I am not yet sure when they expect to do the 2nd brain port surgery - it sounds like it will be in a couple of weeks.

Kurt took the shaver to my hair tonight as I know they are going to shave my hair off anyway.  I figure why go in with hair when you know you are going to lose it anyway - didn't want to come home with half a head of hair.  :)

Here's the before/after pictures that my daughter, Ashley, took:

Dark/gray hair which stuck up - Kurt is behind me; he is going to shave my hair off
as I will lose  it where they perform the surgery anyway!  

Shaved head - ready for surgery - OMG... look at that belly and swollen cheeks!  (All due to medication... well mostly!  It's a reality how much weight I have gained because of the meds!)

I will have Kurt update the blog with my surgery status until I am home and feeling up to it.

(I also wanted to say thank you to all who sent gifts with 'believe' and 'miracles happen' on them - LOVE THEM ALL!!!!  Okay, most everything says that but even if it didn't, thank you!!!)

Happy Holidays to Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. My name is Tiffiny Hansen. I go to Peshtigo, along with my best friend Rachel Kuhn. We are currently seniors, and we recently shaved our heads and donated hair. People like you are what inspires us everyday. We hope you stay strong and it takes a confident woman to shave her head:) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.452655068110857.102384.100000991041380&type=3#!/photo.php?fbid=479109538798743&set=a.452655068110857.102384.100000991041380&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete