visitors to this page

Friday, July 15, 2011

Generally Not Feeling Well - 07/15/2011

The week of July 4th I started with a rash that started on my ears and moved down my neck, chest, and down the rest of my body.  It was extremely itchy - not sure if the heat and humidity played a part in making it worse or not but I am glad that it is healing and going away!

Last Saturday night I started running a low grade fever again.  We had a pretty busy Pioneer Days week so Monday we decided that we would just take it easy and lay low.  When I woke up that day, I wasn't feeling well... fever, tired, etc.  So, I slept lots the next few days.  Each night I would wake up and my fever during the night had gotten higher - and I was having low grade fevers during the entire day.  On Thursday (7/14), I finally called my oncologist and went in to see her.  She wanted to check for infections by drawing blood, urine test and chest xray.  She did say that sometimes cancer can cause fevers.  Her office called this morning to let me know that my potassium was low so they have called in some pills to my pharmacy.  We will go back on Monday and I'm scheduled to get my 2nd treatment.

Hopefully these fevers will end soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment