visitors to this page

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

10 Day Checkup of 1st Treatment - 07/06/2011

Today I had my blood drawn and saw the PA at oncology to check to make sure all my counts are still doing well after being 10 days post-treatment.  Almost all of my counts came back above where they were before treatment.  (They figure they were down a bit because of radiation the week before...)

All in all, I have been feeling pretty well.  The day after treatment I took quite a few naps (totaling about 5 hours total) but not sure if it was due to rainy weather or treatment!  This weekend was also tiring being at my parent's house but it was a lot of fun and relaxing as well!  Got to spend lots of time with family, friences, etc!  One other issue... I have a rash on both of my ears/neck/parts of my face but the PA wasn't sure what it was from exactly - radiation treatment, a change in shampoo due to the halo being on and waiting for the 'holes' to heal or just because I am me and my skin is super-sensitive!  He gave me a prescription to try to relieve the itching and heal it!  I'll start it tonight... or possibly now since I've thought about it!

I'm looking forward to the festivities for Pioneer Days this weekend and spending time with some friends who are here that we haven't seen in at least a few years! 

And then, on Monday, July 18th, I will have blood drawn again and see my oncologist before my 2nd treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that about your counts! I will be praying for your July 18th apt. Hope to see you around during Pioneer Days!! :)

    ReplyDelete