visitors to this page

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Update on Fevers and Treatment #2

First, since I can't remember if I blogged about our trip to the ER on Friday night, I will mention that first. Thursday I saw my oncologist and she suggested switching from tylenol to aleve so I did that night. Friday my temp was constantly running anywhere from 100-102ish. At 5ish, it was running @102 so I took my last Tylenol. About 6:30 and many attempts to lower it, it was 102.6 degrees so Kurt took me to the ER. It took a while to get in and by the time they took my temp, it was 100.6... And I was clammy. My fever broke and by the time we left, my temp was 98.9. Over the weekend, if I had a fever, it was low grade!

On Monday, July 18th, I was back at the oncology office - I was supposed to get my 2nd treatment and find out how blood cultures came back from my appointment last Thursday.
My blood work from in the morning showed that my platelets were too low for treatment so they plan for the second treatment next week. They also said that my magnesium was low so they gave me an IV of that before I left ...and my potassium is still low so I got another prescription for that.

As far as the temps, my doctor seems to think it is just from this treatment and my immune system building/fighting! She seemed to think the weird rash that I had that started around the 3rd of July was from this treatment. (I got an email from a friend who said her mom had a rash start on her ears and went down her body after radiation and her dermatologist said it was from the radiation... So this could have been too as I was just done with radiation shortly before that!)

Hope my platelets go up this week so I can get my second treatment next week!! (Oh, and no temps would be good too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment