visitors to this page

Monday, August 1, 2011

A Lot Going On - 8/1/2011

The last week has been pretty busy, emotional, etc....

Last Wednesday night the kids and I went to my Auntie Kris and Uncle Rich's camp in Gwinn to visit with my Uncle Sonny, Auntie Norma and other family members.  We spent the night in Gwinn at my parents.  (Kurt headed out to Houghton/Calumet with other firefighters to golf and have fun before firemen's tourneys!)  I left Thursday with Michelle Kontio and Lisa Cory to meet our husbands.  We spent the next few days at parades, the firemen races, etc.  It was fun but I was definitely tired when I got home on Friday afternoon/evening.  On Saturday evening, we went to a wedding reception for one of my cousins and I saw a bunch of my relatives who were here visiting!  Sunday I spent the afternoon with my cousin, Laurie.

This past couple of weeks I have talked to a few of those close to me about some of the things going on and also some of my emotions.  I have shed many tears - must be more emotional this week!  When I talk to people throughout this whole process, I've tried to remain more positive about my future... but believe me when I say that I think daily about what my future could hold and how I might not be around for things.  Every event gives me thoughts... Like Nathan's birthday party just a few weeks back when I thought that I might not be here for his 12th birthday..."  As I have said MANY times before, I BELIEVE in miracles and I hope that Monday will be the start of one of these so I can be here for MANY more of my kids events/birthdays/etc.  (See, again I am tearing up...)

Tonight, our family is going to watch Kurt's softball team play.  Kurt has not been able to play this year due to all going on.  And, it seems that every time they have called to tell us where they play and to come watch, I wasn't feeling well or we had other things going on.  Last week we were not able to go and one of the team members, Brian, (who always calls to tell Kurt where they are playing), sent Kurt the following picture by text after the game:



Hoover's Softball Team - Taken Monday, July 25, 2011

We had NO idea they were doing this!  (Yet another moment of tears... I am kind of glad I was not there to see this as I would have been a puddle!)  Again, another act of kindness that I cannot thank them enough for! 

On Monday, August 8th, Kurt (the love of my life) and I will be celebrating our 13th anniversary by heading down for an appointment with the oncologist who is doing this clinical trial.  My oncologist here in Marquette worked directly with the oncologist down in Detroit at Karmanos Cancer Center.  Today I received information from there - mostly told us where to go to get there and also a patient health history form to fill out.  I will post more information on our trip home after meeting with this doctor... hope to have more information on what we can expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment