visitors to this page

Sunday, August 14, 2011

A New Chapter - 8/14/2011

As I was thinking about it today, I thought about how Kurt will be going back to work tomorrow after being off since May 10th with me and also that Nathan will be going to band class these next two weeks.  And then in only a few short weeks, the kids will be back in school and I will be left at home alone - well, with Zoey the dog!  It's like a new chapter to this adventure is starting...  I am happy (sort of envious actually) for Kurt that he is going back to some 'normal' life but it will be very different because he's responsible for a lot of things around here... like driving, taking me to appointments, etc.  I am lucky to have great parents and inlaws that are definitely stepping up to the tasks that we have to get done!  (I will definitely miss having Kurt at home with us though!)

Of course, this week is full of appointments for me and the kids - doctors/dentists/band class/etc.  I will be going in on Monday morning to see how my blood work I had done today turned out and see if I am able to get my 2nd Ipi treatment.  Since I have been under the weather for a few weeks - and not eating the best - I would not be at all surprised if my levels are low.  But hopefully high enough that I can have a treatment!

I will be going in on Tuesday for an MRI of my head - can you believe it's been three months since my surgeries?  It's time to see how things are and how the radiation therapy went.  A little nervous, anxious, etc. for the results of this.

And, hopefully somewhere in the time that I will have during the day, I will get my 'thank you' cards done to some people who sent us things far too long ago - I am sorry for the delay in getting my thank you's out to you!!!!!

Hoping for luck with my counts tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment