visitors to this page

Saturday, January 5, 2013

From the top floor to the 3rd floor

I had to sit here and think how many days it has been since the last blog... All the days seem to have blended together with totally different sleep patterns we have been experiencing lately.
Jodi is now on the 3rd floor in the rehab unit. The good part about this is she is no longer monitored and kept awake as much. Dont get me wrong the girls and guys on the 8th floor have been great, but it has been a zoo up there! Jodi has always been lucky in the past to have her own room until this time where she had to share a room and it definately makes a difference in privacy. We had a good chuckle the other night, she was sleeping and I went and sat in the lounge, when I returned she was awake and gave me a curious look. She looks at me and says, "I thought you were in the next bed". Well, her roomate was an elderly woman and I was very surprised that a woman that small could snore that loud!

Jodi was moved to the rehab unit today around noon. The rooms are very nice and spacious and she will get some good rest. She was very tired today and we are seeing a difference in her speech and left side strength. Delight has been staying overnight the last couple nights because Jodi has been a little worried about staying alone. Hopefully this will pass but I think Delight has been enjoying taking care of her little girl again. The kids are staying home with me for the first night since her surgery. My parents have been watching them and I can not say how much I appreciate them! After long days at the hospital I would come let the dog out and sleep for a couple hours at a time and then head back. I have to say that it is nice to be home with them.
Ashley had the chance to talk to Jodi tonight on speaker phone, short and sweet but they got to hear each others voice. I think Jodi is a little nervous to see them because of how her speech is and not being able to walk. We are going to try to sneak them in somehow for a bit tomorrow since there is still very strict visiting rules at the hospital due to the Flu breakout recently in the area.
Nathan doesnt talk much about it, he has handled this very differently, I think he is a lot like me where it really takes a lot to talk about what bothers him. Even the dog has been whining quite a bit since Jodi hasnt been home.

Jodi will start therapy tomorrow, she has the goal of being 100% for our Vegas trip in February that was given to us from Bruce and Delight for Christmas. Us four (Bruce, Delight, Jodi, and I) will be going for three nights and seeing George Strait with Martina Mcbride. Jodi has been a huge fan of Goerge Strait and seeing Martina is an added bonus. She seems a little down and has said that she never thought this would happen (rehab), but after five craniotomy's the brain can only take so much.
If anyone would bounce back it will be Jodi!

Once again I will keep the blog posted and Thank you all for the well wishes.

Continue to Believe,
Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment