visitors to this page

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Home again!! 1/19/2012

It was a great day today as we welcomed Jodi back home. I arrived at the Hospital around 10:30 this morning and was told she could go home anytime. We knew that she was coming home so I have spent the last couple days getting the house ready for her. Got a rail put on the bed, bathroom accessories, Shower bench, Etc. Etc. We packed up her "apartment" at the hospital got her discharge instructions and we were on our way. Bruce and Delight stopped at Target for prescriptions and Me and Jodi came home. Arrived at the house, brought in her two walkers and wheelchair in to the house and the first big test was waiting for us, the steps! She made it up the steps but as we took the last step into the house she was too tired and we experienced what I like to call a "controlled fall". So as we sat and giggled a little because we were sitting in the doorway of the house. I attempted to get her up myself with no avail so I called my Dad to help me get her into her wheelchair. Not a very good start! Needless to say I think I will be planning on a ramp in the near future.

Ashley made a banner for Jodi's homecoming!


Jodi spent most of the day relaxing in her favorite recliner resting bundled up with her blanket. Ashley cooked her supper tonight (eggs and toast) and she has been mother hen all day. She even gave her a bell to ring if she needs anything! She has been awesome with Jodi all day. Nathan was excited to have Mom home but I noticed that when he hugged her, he was a little nervous. I sat down and did her prescription board and got her meds set for the week. Good news about meds is that she is slowly being weened off of the steroid with her last day being Feb 25th. we will truly celebrate that day!! Hopefully with that being done she will lose all the puffiness and get some strength back.


This is Jodi's prescription board so I can keep up with it!
 
 
 
Everything in the house seems to be working well. She is in bed now and we worked on getting in and out of it before she laid down for the night. I am glad that I decided on no hospital bed since she is having no problems with our bed. Hopefully she gets some better sleep tonight than she has had at the hospital.
We already have home health coming tomorrow to continue with her therapy at home. She will be having that along with speech 3 times a week.
 
Well it has been a long 2 1/2 weeks and we are very happy to have Jodi home. I am sure she will work hard in these coming weeks to get ready for our trip Feb. 1st.
Look for more promising updates!
 
Continue to Believe,
Kurt
 


2 comments:

  1. My prayers continue for you and the entire family. It was so nice seeing everyone at the hospital, as I was on my way home from seeing our little one in the NICU.

    Derek Cardinal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear of Jodi's passing. My prayers are with the family.

    http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=105183146

    ReplyDelete