visitors to this page

Monday, January 7, 2013

She is on a roll!

Jodi had her first full therapy today. The progress she has made in the last couple days have been very encouraging. She is walking with a walker now with help getting up and getting down and I saw her with a big smile today for the first time since surgery. I poked my head in the therapy room when she first went in and wasn't sure if I couldn't stay or not but when her brother John came by he went in and they told him to take a seat so tomorrow I hope to snap a few pictures of her. When I walked in she was on an incline stationary bike listening to George Strait! Of course John was there giving his brotherly support and making her laugh!

Another surprising thing today was that the social worker came and spoke to me and said that they had a meeting about Jodi and decided to shoot for Saturday to have her released. Of course at first I was caught off guard and was a little nervous about her coming home just because of the assistance she needs now but after seeing her progress I cant wait to get her home. She is still nervous to stay on her own so Delight has stayed the last two nights and Auntie Kris is staying with her tonight. I wish I could be with her but I want the kids to stay home at night and I want them to have me get them up in the morning and get them off to school. My parents of course offer to watch them every night but it is some normalcy for them (except not having Jodi home).

Hopefully I can post some pictures of Jodi working hard in therapy and I will continue to update everyone on her progress.

Continue to Believe,
Kurt

P.S. Jodi has her phone now and I am sure she will be checking her Facebook page and my attempt at writing a blog.... If you are on Facebook and are friends with her make sure to post a little note of encouragement and support for her!! I am sure she would appreciate it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment