visitors to this page

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

PET Scan Results / Chemo / Radiation - 6/8/2011

I received a voicemail from my neurosurgeon last night regarding the new medications that they have been talking about on the news the past few days.  I called and left him a message today as I was gone for most of yesterday so I didn't get to talk to him.  It's amazing to me how hard they all are working for me - but believe me, I am greatful!!!!

This morning I got a phone call from my oncologist.  My PET scan came back with only the liver melanoma and something in my hip.  I told her that they had indicated from a bone scan in the hospital the first time that I had a stress fracture but she would like me to go in to have an MRI just to make sure.  She indicated that if the MRI comes back with something on the hip, they would do radiation on my hip as well.  The office called and is going to try to get me in either tomorrow or Friday since I see my oncologist on Monday. 

The oncologist indicated that I will be contacted by the radiation oncologist to start brain radiation.  This will start fairly soon.  She also indicated that I will now do the Ipilimumab IV injection instead of the temador pills.  I have an appointment on Monday to see her and will find out then when I will start that.  Basically, that is a 90 minute IV that they inject and then you go back in 3 weeks .

No comments:

Post a Comment