visitors to this page

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Radiation and a Mediport - 6/22/2011

Yesterday I woke up with a low-grade fever. Before my first radiation appointment for my hip, we called to make sure that I could still come with a temp of 99.3 degrees... It was okay for me to go! With radiation, I go in, they move me around a table so I line up based on the mapping they did last week. Once that is done, they radiate that area and then I am done! It's very quick and you don't feel anything. I've had another radiation appointment today and only two more (one on Thursday and one on Friday).

Today I also got my Mediport put in. I didn't realize that they actually put it under your skin and it goes in a vein by your shoulder/neck. I'm glad it is in as they had to try twice to find a vein for my IV. My veins are getting less cooperative with all of my surgeries, procedures, etc.... And they already weren't very cooperative to begin with!

The procedure was pretty painless until I woke up from the sedation when he was finishing up. Most of it was painfree (like when he was putting in stitches) but I did feel some things before that. I'm alittle sore so I'm sure it'll be more sore tomorrow... just laying low today!

Also found out that I cannot submerge my body in water (besides the shower after it heals) so no swimming for me this summer :(

The rest of this week will be a radiation appointment each day and then Monday will be my treatment and meet with the neurosurgeon and then maybe a rest from the hospital or appointments. It's sad when people like the transporters and nurses know who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment