visitors to this page

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Good Day - 6/1/2011

Yesterday I was having a 'tired' day.  I took a couple of naps.  And, I was having a hard time talking and understanding things.  I was having a hard time talking even though I knew what I wanted to say.  I got a phone call from one of the guys that my dad worked with at the base and I felt foolish because I didn't know who it was at first but figured it later.  It was nice to hear from you, Jeff and Cheryl!  (And, thanks for the flowers - you didn't have to send them!)

Today I am doing much better.  I actually have been up since 7 a.m. and haven't taken a nap.  Pretty soon I will be going to bed - maybe I will try to stay up until 11 p.m. so Kurt doesn't have to wake me up to give me my medications.  Today Kurt and I got up and brought the kids to school.  He said I am ruining his diet because I wanted to go for breakfast.  It's kindof weird to go out because people are looking at us!  When we got home I "supervised" him putting together a new grill in the garage.  It was nice to be outside even though it sounded like the garage doors were going to fall down because it was so windy outside. 

And, I got a phone call from the MRI department.  I will be going in tomorrow (instead of Friday) for my PET scan.  I don't believe I will know anything until I meet with my oncologist on June 13th.  I am not exactly sure what to expect but I know they give you medications if you are claustrophobic.  I've got to be there at 10:15 and the paperwork says that it'll take 2-3 hours.  When I get the results, I will post them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment