visitors to this page

Monday, May 23, 2011

Feeling Good - 5/23/2011

What is that saying about when it rains, it pours?  :)  Neither of our kids has been feeling good for the last few days and last night Kurt ended up in the walk-in with Nathan at about 2 a.m.  His teacher did call to say that there was 3 cases of strep throat last week so now Nathan is on an antibiotic.  Ashley woke up not 20 minutes after Kurt and Nathan left with 100.1 temp so she'll go in today for meds.  Then Kurt and I will just have to try to stay healthy!

I can definitely tell today and yesterday that I am starting another level of recovery.  It was 10 days post-op yesterday and I am starting to feel a bit more human.  Some days it felt like I was in an outer body experience - all I can think is it must be the meds! 

I am sure my co-workers in special education would have some help for me right now.  The one thing that I am noticing is that my hands are very jittery... not all of the time but some.  I can handle that - I've been told I'm the only one that notices it!  Even some of things that I noticed neurologically (like trying to type something and make it make sense) appears to be better to me right now.  For several days, it felt like I was carrying around 20 pounds on each arm and about 50 pounds extra on each leg.  That actually is not happening right now either. 

Due to my impatience and just wanting to know if they can give us a date, I may call the neurosurgeon's office today to see if they have my surgery date scheduled yet.  I do see the oncologist tomorrow to discuss treatment options, etc but that won't happen until after the surgery anyway.  It would be nice to know when the surgery will be because it is close to the end of the school year, Memorial weekend is coming and right now I am actually feel well enough for a camping trip!

As I sat here this morning, I was writing out my LONG list of many questions for the oncologists and thinking about all that has happened since May 10th.  I was thinking about how I've always believed in God - may not always have gone to church but definitely believe in God.  If I was ever in disbelief about the power of prayer by many, I am definitely not anymore!  

I also thought of the MANY, MANY emails from people over the last several days and it is very apparent that this is something that regardless if you know me and my family, it has changed the way people are thinking about life and some of the trivial aspects of it.  Even walking into Walmart, I can tell people who don't know me have read my blog.  That's what it is there for... please feel free to share! 

I know this has forever changed our family!  What once was maybe taken for granted will definitely no longer be!  I told Kurt yesterday that I've always been a firm believer that things happen for a reason and I am not sure exactly what the reason for this is yet, but I intend to one day find out!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment