visitors to this page

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Liver Biopsy - 5/19/2011

We just got home from having the liver biopsy.  It wasn't bad at all... in fact, I remember moving onto a bed and that's about it!  Took a little nap, complained about having another IV hurting my hand, and WAITED the 3 hours of bedrest before we could leave.  Today was the first time I ate a BIG meal since all of this started - and it was SO good!  (Tasted like salad, mashed potatoes and meatloaf .... not metal!) 

The doctor said the liver test results would be in @ 72 hours but he says it appears (?) to not have melanoma characteristics.  We asked about the tumor board which met Tuesday and it sounds like they are sending the original biopsy for some special staining so that is probably why we haven't heard anything yet.   I do have an appointment next week with the oncologist so we are thinking we might learn more there.  

For now, I am going to take a little rest on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment