visitors to this page

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Half Marathon & Another Amazing Friend (DON'T FORGET THE KLEENEX) - 5/19/2011

Funny how I woke up at exactly 3 a.m.  I did get a good night's rest from 11 to 3 and when I woke up, I kindof chuckled thinking how my body is kindof on a timer.  I think I figured out that I'm actually waking up because I am hungry but then I start 'thinking' and that's fine.  It's quiet in our house, I'm awake and so I thought today I would blog about the subject that makes me cry the most - my family!  Well, I went on to read messages on facebook and quickly decided to change that plan...  (I'm warning you - GET KLEENEX!!!)

There is a group of our girlfiends who have been getting together for a long time for lunches/dinners on weekends.  We usually try to meet about every 4-6-8 weeks but there is often times we don't get together for several months.  Anyway, just so you get the picture... we ALWAYS meet at Red Lobster!  We meet, eat, talk and maybe gossip a little!  It's always the standing joke that if you don't show up, you are fair game to talk about... :)  (Really, we don't say bad things about each other because we LOVE each other!)

We met not too long ago.  Talked alot about our families, our kids, etc!  You know... just those people you could tell anything to!  Some of us have been friends forever; others have entered the 'group' more recently.

Well, one member of this special bunch of friends that gets together with us every 4-6-8 weeks is Tricia Miilu.  I can't remember specifically how I met Tricia!  She's got a vibrant and funloving attitude...  We also share a very special day - we both were married on August 8, 1998! 

Well, when I woke up this morning and started reading my emails on facebook, I got a wonderful email from her that I had to share!  I am sure she will not mind my sharing this - just another way of showing you about my amazingly wonderful friends!!!  (I'm hoping she will send me a picture that I will post...) 

Tricia Bray Miilu
  • Half Marathon
    Hey Jodi! I wanted to check in with you and let you know that you have been in my thoughts daily. This past Sunday I ran a half marathon down in Green Bay. I didn't know until the morning of the race that everyone else I was with had dedicated each mile of the race to someone. As I began to run each mile, I would decide who I was going to dedicate it to and then think about them throughout that mile. I began with a mile for my mom, dad, and each of my three girls. Then I ran the next four for a fourth grader at our school who has cancer. The last four miles were for you Jodi. I didn't train well for this half marathon, so my legs fully wanted to give out on me at mile 8.5. I wanted to sit on the side of the road and give up. But, it was just a measly race compared to the marathon that you are running right now. So despite it all, I walked as fast as I could thinking about all that you have done. Walking was all I could do when I felt my body was going to give out. On the last mile, I gathered all that I had and ran as fast as I could. I have never experienced the feeling of my legs hurting so bad that they wanted to give out. But I didn't stop because, even though you didn't know it, you were running with me. You are truly amazing, Jodi! Your strength and positive attitude made me believe that if you could keep your head up through all of this, I could at least keep my legs moving for one last mile. You are truly an inspiration. Keep you head high and that smile bright!


Tricia ~ Thank you SO much!!!!  I'm so very proud to call you my friend!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment