visitors to this page

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Surgery - 5/26/2011

Yesterday was another good day! 

Kurt and I brought the kids to school and then went for breakfast.  As we were walking into the restaurant, we ran into a friend who was diagnosed with cancer 8 years ago (right about the same time I had Ashley).  I believe they gave him 3-6 months to live and it is 8 years!  What are the chances that we would walk into the same restaurant just as he was getting ready to leave?!?!  It was nice to hug you, Carl!  I hope your surgery goes well today - I am definitely thinking about you!

The afternoon was spent at Nathan's last spring concert for school!  Prior to leaving for the concert, we had a VERY proud parent moment!  We received a letter from the middle school band teacher that Nathan was chosen to play percussions (drums) in the Negaunee Middle School band next year - even something his Dad wasn't chosen for in 6th grade!  (Sorry, Kurt!)  That was the instrument Nathan REALLY wanted to play.

Then a few of my co-workers from MARESA came to take me to Border Grill for dinner.  They also delivered gifts from co-workers at MARESA.  Seriously, it took them several trips to haul in everything!  There is too many things to list everything but I want to thank everyone for everything!!!!  (I will be getting the thank you cards in the mail today though!)

Thank you Amy and Holly for dinner!   It was nice to sit and chat with you both - I miss you guys dearly!!!!

Today I am going to have lunch with my mom, my former Early On boss and another former bosses' wife.  It will be a fun time and I am looking forward to seeing your new house, Joy!  Then, I am planning to finish up a few small 'projects' and enjoying time with Kurt and the kids.

I will more than likely be admitted to the hospital around 5 a.m. tomorrow - will find out for sure around 3 p.m. today.  While, of course, I am much more nervous about this surgery as I have had time to think about it more this time, I am hopefully that it will go as smoothly as the first surgery and I can get home fairly quickly! 

They have told me that my medications (anti-seizure and swelling meds) will again increase after surgery so I also know to expect some of the same things again... just as I was starting to feel a bit more human again!  The side effects that I felt will probably happen again - but at least I know that and can expect it and about how long it will take to start feeling this way again.

And, of course, Kurt will be updating my blog after surgery....

Thank you for your continued prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment